Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's been how long?

On the 24th, we celebrated our 15th anniversary! I really cannot believe that it has been that long. I feel very fortunate to have found such a wonderful guy to share my forever with. He is the best dad, husband, friend, and the best part of me! He makes me want to be a better person just by being around him! I love that guy! We promised each other that we wouldn't do anything special for the other person this year but as usual, he made me look bad! (But he did it in a really beautiful way! Notice the flowers!) We spent the evening at the ball park since Kali is in Chubbuck League tournament and Rob is the coach! Her team took first place - way to go Rage! Kali has been at girl's camp all week so we have been shuttling her back and forth twice a day for softball! Oh, the things we do as parents!! Camp is near Bone, Idaho so we are in the car almost 6 hours a day! 3 to pick her and 3 more to take her back! The kids have been able to watch many movies this week!
If you look really closely, you will see Kali's creativity shine through. She told Rob that he needed 15 red roses for the years and 4 white roses for the kids! How cool is that! I tell you what, I have an awesome family!!

These are my two favorite guys in the whole world!!

This week was also Father's Day! Like I mentioned before we have an amazing dad at our house! He is always there for his kids and they love him to pieces! I use to get really jealous of the grand entrance when he would come home from work and all of the little ones would go running and yell, "Daddy, daddy, daddy's home!" I never get that kind of grand entrance when I come home but now more than anything it makes me happy to hear that the kids love their dad so much! He is their biggest fan, their greatest coach, the biggest support system they will ever have and they know it! That is why they love him!

(Kali will be embarrassed by this - but if you look close on this you will also see her creative sense shine through once again or how well the Idaho school system has helped her out! Oops - spelled Father wrong! We still love you, Kali!)

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! We love you!

5 comments:

  1. Great catch up Janelle! You've been pretty busy, and it doesn't look like you've been letting the rain slow you down at all!

    I love the picture of Taryn. You're right, she has the most beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 15 years! Wow we still have a few years to get there... We love you guys and hope things slow down a little bit for you. Enjoy the summer vacation and let me know if you want to head up to WA (after your long drive/trip to Nauvoo). That will be a lot of fun for you guys, lots of hours in the car... but think of the bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 Years! Wow. I remember well the big wedding day. It was a beautiful day! We love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just hit that 15 year milestone, too, and I've seriously wondered how it went so fast! Your celebration looked wonderful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever of Kali on the flowers! Congrats on celebrating 15 years! Yesterday was our 16th year.

    ReplyDelete