Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brooke's Big Week

School's out for the summer! The kids are so excited but now it is time to figure out what to do with them!

My baby graduated from kindergarten - what will I do with myself? I guess I will figure that out after I see if we survive the summer.

Brooke's last week of school was filled with lots of adventures. It was like a party everyday and of course I couldn't miss a single one of those moments. My camera only made it to a few but she loved every minute of it.

First she had a Hawaiian luau. This is one party that I wish I had the camera for. They made their own leis, fruit kabobs, grass skirts and hats, and even learned how to dance the hula. It turned out really cute!

Then she had a field trip to the zoo. I don't know if she was more excited about actually getting to ride a REAL school bus or going to the zoo! Either way it was a lot of fun. If you have ever been to the Pocatello Zoo, you should know that the field trip didn't last very long but the kids had a great time because they got to take their own lunches, see lots of animals, and play at the park!






This was the highlight of the zoo, Charlie the Bear.

The kindergartners got to eat lunch in the cafeteria, have a summer celebration, and participate in field day but the best part of the week was Kindergarten graduation! Our baby isn't much of a baby anymore. She is growing up everyday! She loves to dance, read, write, dance, sing, play with friends, play the piano (mostly by ear - any song that someone else is practicing) and did I mention that she loves to dance ALL OF THE TIME! Her feet never stop moving!


Yeah, we made it!! Way to go! We love you, Brooke!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah you updated! Way to go Brooke, kindergarten graduate! The last day of school can't come fast enough for a little girl at our house. The kids want to come see you this summer, so let us know when things slow down a little bit. Wait you never slow down...I almost forgot. Thanks Kali for making me feel so good about looking young! You are the greatest niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH Brookie! I can't believe how big all of your kids are getting. They need to stop, they are making me feel OLD. We miss you guys and hopefully we will get to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever wanted a field trip, the Pocatello Zoo would be the place to go. At least you know the kids wouldn't get lost. They'd always be within eyesight! :) Now the fun of summer and taking care of all the kids! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see Brooke do her clogging moves. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have been there to share some of the end of the year events!

    Way to go Brooke! You are a cute kindergarten graduate!!!

    ReplyDelete